OUR APPROACH PURPOSE, PROJECTS AND POWER TOOLS
Young people learn to collaborate and create while learning skills in fabrication, prototyping, metalwork, physical computing, construction, and design. Together, we use traditional and advanced tools, technologies, and craft to honor the individual voice, celebrate the joy of producing something larger than ourselves, and inspire lasting sense of wonder and accomplishment.
OUR IMPACT PREPARED FOR THE PROJECT OF LIFE
We inspire young New Yorkers to be hands-on, open-hearted, and ready for any challenge. We support young people to feel capable of building a better and brighter future for themselves, their city and the world.
This year Beam Center has made innovative projects with
- 5,000 middle & high school students, primarily low-income or newly immigrated
- 25 NYC public schools in Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and the Bronx
- 108 Beamworks Apprentices, who worked on a collaborative astronomy project, learned in-depth technical skills, and were trained to lead workshops for younger students on related science topics
- 100+ public school educators who took part in our Professional Development program
- 1000+ kids in our summer, afterschool and Inventgenuity Festival programs
In addition, we
- Provided 136 full scholarships to our summer and afterschool programs
- Launched the FabLab Initiative to help under-resourced public schools become hubs of imagination, invention and innovation
You can help Beam Center provide more inspiration to NYC youth! We are a non-profit organization, and every dollar donated goes directly to support our programs for young people.
Donate today to make a difference for NYC youth!
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
If you would like to stay up-to-date on Beam Center projects and events, please join our email list. We promise to only send you things that will brighten your inbox and your day!